View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

Batteries: Built-in Lithium or AA?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Batteries: Built-in Lithium or AA? 
n00b

Post Batteries: Built-in Lithium or AA?
I'm looking at getting a new camera for hiking, and find I'm torn. The choice of two cameras I'm looking at are pretty similar (they're both bridge cameras) but one uses Lithium and one uses AA. I currently have one with a built-in lithium battery and a smaller one which takes AA batteries. On a multi-day hike the Lithium one often runs out early, and can't be recharged until I get home because there's no mains, while the AA one is simply a case of buying new batteries at the nearest shop or stopover. On the other hand the AA batteries are heavier and cost.

Have lithium batteries for cameras improved in the last four years, and what's the current lifespan? Which do you prefer in a camera? I'm honestly torn.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:37 am
n00b

Post Re: Batteries: Built-in Lithium or AA?
I don't know how much life a lithium has, but in your situation I would use AA batteries. They may cost a little more, but I think more camera's take those than lithium's these days.

Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:05 am
n00b

I think I will probably go for the AA batteries one, rather than the built-in battery. AA batteries are easier to find in remote areas than someone willing to let me spend several hours plugged into their mains socket to recharge a built-in battery!

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:05 pm
amoeba

I think that for your excursion you should buy the camera with lithium batteries. These batteries are indeed less durable, but if you turn the camera off after taking a photograph, and turn it on when NerdyWriters want to take another, the battery will last much longer. Also, with lithium batteries, you do not need to spend money buying batteries.

Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]