View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

GRGIG-N560OC-1GI - REVIEW

Sponsor

Sponsor

GRGIG-N560OC-1GI - REVIEW 
Site Admin

Post GRGIG-N560OC-1GI - REVIEW
As a direct replacement for the GTX460, you cannot go far wrong with the GTX560. While the card on test today was a factory overclocked card, the overclocks were small enough to make the extra MHz barely noticeable over a stock clocked edition. With a price point of $199 for a reference card, I would expect to pay a slight premium for the GV-N56GOC-1GI considering it arrives pre-overclocked from the factory and has Gigabytes custom Windforce cooling solution. The acoustics alone are worth the premium as I was thoroughly impressed by the cooler not only in terms of the noise output but also for its performance. A cooler that keeps temperatures well within safe limits while overclocked to the maximum is one thing but to do it silently is an excellent achievement.

As expected, the card falls just shy of matching the GTX560Ti performance. NVidia have therefore succeeded in their remit to create a card that wedges itself firmly between the performance of the GTX560Ti and its predecessor, the GTX460. The more expensive card out-performed the GTX560 OC by a slight, yet clear margin throughout the performance testing. That isn?t to say the GTX560 is a slouch as it clearly isn?t but the extra CUDA shaders of the GTX560Ti saw its bigger brother present us with more satisfying results.

NVidia have been making lots of noise about the cards performance at 1920x1080 promising gamers a great experience while using their high resolution displays. Sadly, based on today?s findings, the GTX560 began to suffer with frame rates dropping below what most would deem acceptable. 30fps might well be fine for some people but it is not what I would refer to as a quality experience. As such certain sacrifices need to be made be it in texture quality, AA or AF.

One area where the Gigabyte GTX560 excelled was when we began to overclock the card. To say we were shocked at the ease with which the card overclocked is an understatement. The card gave is very good overclocks on the core but most impressive was the memory overclock, just 100mhz shy of maxing out the slider in Afterburner , reaching a magnificent 4800MHz!. All this was done without the whooshing noise inherent with overclocked graphics cards. Perhaps the one area in the overclocking tests that disappointed was the lack of over-voltage control. With additional voltage regulation and adjustment available, I have little doubt that this card could overclock even further.

Overall, the performance of the card on test today was very good and it is certainly a worthy successor to the hugely popularGTX460 and comes close to matching its GTX560Ti sibling. My one reservation would be the limitation of the card at high resolutions. Sure the games will be playable but with demand for high resolution monitors and indeed multi monitor setups on the rise, you may need a card that can deliver performance without making sacrifices that impact on image quality. If this is you then you may wish to look elsewhere. If however you are gaming at a more respectable resolution and you are in the market for a mid-range card that ticks all the right boxes then the GTX560 is certainly one worth considering. The Gigabyte example we reviewed today is one such card and as such I have no hesitation in awarding it the Silver award and value for money.

Vortez.net - 17/05/2011

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ADD YOUR COMMENTS BELOW

Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:43 pm
Profile WWW
amoeba

Post Re: GRGIG-N560OC-1GI - REVIEW
I bought this card - it didn't score any better on 3DMark than the standard card which my friend has. However, it did fly when I upped the shiz on it. Unfortunately I went a bit too far and now it just screams at me and bluescreens. Oh well, time for something... more, I think :D Not bad for the price really but I'd say there are better choices out there for gamers.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:37 pm
amoeba

Post Re: GRGIG-N560OC-1GI - REVIEW
Is this a good thing to catch up for game lovers?

Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:22 am
amoeba

Post Reader
I don't know about this blog before reading this blog information. After reading this blog i know that the best essay writer service is best service for getting good information so we should visit on these sites for getting amazing information.

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:07 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]