View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 

Changing the height of the fence

Sponsor

Sponsor

Changing the height of the fence 
amoeba

Post Changing the height of the fence
So I'm trying to heavily clutter up my fence type list panel (because I have accumulated a lot of extensive construction kits) by combining each wall type into a single object on the fence panel and basically connecting it to a height modifier, like the towers of elevated paths/skytraps.

I have moved far enough that the fence construction panel now has the "raise" and "lower" buttons (copied from the elev panel. path in shell.xml), but I have no idea how to link them to my script, since the original seems to use a pre-defined msg event, which I can't easily access and figure out because it's supposedly in a file .bin.

To make matters worse, I'm not even sure that my script is accurately extracting and entering values into the fence XML file-I used Tom's tutorial on "Encoding Editable Height and Size in a Game" as a starting point . So I'm using its BFAIFadeController method, with each BFNamedBinder representing a fence of different heights (and all of these are closed/angular/curved instances), but... I'm not even sure if this works for objects that haven't been placed yet.

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 pm
n00b

Post Re: Changing the height of the fence
I had a similar problem lol, it’s really fucked up, I had to use a code I found somewhere around this board (tbh I already lost it), then I modified it a bit and it kinda worked but really inefficiently. I was so frustrated at some point that I decided to increase the height of the real life fence in my real life garden to make up for it haha. In the end, a friend of mine helped me with the code and I could do it, with the secondary effect of having a new and taller fence in my garden haha. Well, tbh, it was great, I’d highly recommend these guys in https://www.walshlandscaping.co.uk/serv ... ead-ascot/, they made a great job with my real life fence, and also my buddy George nailed it with my virtual fencing lol

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]