View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Re: Technological Unemployment

Sponsor

Sponsor

Technological Unemployment 
Private

Post Re: Technological Unemployment
I sent an 'e-petition' request on the government website for this. Will have to wait and see if they add it: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:43 pm
lesser known shrew

Sounds like a good idea - you'll have to think of more jobs that can be created in this way...

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm
lesser known shrew

I like the sound of this idea... it's good for local jobs and good for the economy as a whole.. has it been put up yet on the government epetition site yet?

Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 am
Private

Quote:
has it been put up yet on the government epetition site yet?
- I keep looking but no sign of it yet - it seems they allow all kinds of utter rubbish on there, perhaps they have no intention of actually putting up something that makes complete sense..... :x

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:14 am
grunt

Hi,
I'd agree with this idea - it's pretty good - better than others I've read on forums in the past - it's actually something that can be implemented and makes an instant difference.

I had a search on the epetition website though and I can't find it either - the site says that it should be online within 7days from submission. Perhaps it's worth submitting it again? I reckon quite a few people would sign it ! myself included.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:58 pm
amoeba

Hi. I think this is a good idea. Have you checked the government e-petition site recently to see if it is there now?

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:35 pm
Private

Quote:
Have you checked the government e-petition site recently to see if it is there now?

Yep.. and.... Nope, it isn't there. Doesn't look like anything sensible is allowed on there by the look of most of the other ideas. I really do despair sometimes... :cry:

Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm
n00b

I don't think big business would allow it (and the government are in their pockets). A very good idea though !

Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:02 pm
Private

Hi all,

I actually emailed the epetition people again and they did get back to me - they advised me to submit the petition to another category and they should get it up online as the person dealing with it could not see why it should not go on there! It's all been resubmitted as requested so now I guess we'll have to wait a week before hopefully.... it's actually online on the e-petitions site - hurrah ! :)

Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:17 am
amoeba

FEAR of displacement from one's job by a superefficient machine is as old as modern economic growth (which is to say, about two centuries old). It is somewhat surprising that there has not been more made of the possibility of technological unemployment during the recent recession and lacklustre recovery. Technological unemployment was widely cited as a problem in the 1920s and 1930s, a time during which productivity was soaring, inequality and unemployment were high, and instability was the norm.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next