View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Homeschooling

Sponsor

Sponsor

Homeschooling 
n00b

Post Homeschooling
A few of my friends chose homeschooling for their children. Being an old person as I am, I can't really understand how it wins over the regular education. Have you ever tried homeschooling?

Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:57 pm
n00b

Post Re: Homeschooling
Yes I have, and it is better than public schooling by leaps and bounds. The main benefit is that you don't have the state or the government dictating which methods of learning you can teach. As long as your child passes the government mandated test at the end of the school year......you're fine.

Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:03 pm
n00b

When I was growing up I went to public schooling the whole time. But I also remember reams of books in my house and reading through most of them. Whether she knew it or not, my mother fostered a homeschooling environment by keeping books in the house, and I home schooled myself by reading them. It supplemented my public schooling really well and I probably got more of an education at home than I did at school.

Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:30 pm
n00b

I think the real challenge is how to keep yourself focused and disciplined if you're studying at home. It's easy to get distracted because everything goes at the pace we're comfortable with. We may get a bit too comfortable.

Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:13 pm
n00b

I was home schooled, and I'm actually home-schooling my six year old right now. It's actually really beneficial when it comes to setting that foundation for their future of learning and education. I feel that kids get lost in the big classes in schools, and these are the most important years to teach them how to learn, so I would rather make sure that it's done right, and then send her to mainstream school later.

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:54 pm
n00b

Alwyn wrote:
I was home schooled, and I'm actually home-schooling my six year old right now. It's actually really beneficial when it comes to setting that foundation for their future of learning and education. I feel that kids get lost in the big classes in schools, and these are the most important years to teach them how to learn, so I would rather make sure that it's done right, and then send her to mainstream school later.

I realize that the smaller the class size is, the better the learning process gets because the teachers can focus on their jobs well. In that sense, private home-schooling wins. What do you think is the ideal age to switch from home schooling to regular schools, though?

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:59 am
amoeba

Computer is the source of entertainment as well. One can play games and solve puzzles on computers. One can see movies and dramas as well. One can read EssayHunters on daily basis and current affairs too. All this can help in increasing skills of a person.

Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]