View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Online privacy

Sponsor

Sponsor

Online privacy 
n00b

Post Online privacy
It's a common discussion nowadays, but with Google collecting data on all users, Facebook encouraging breaches of old school online security ("never use your real name online"), Foursquare being linked to burglaries, etc. people probably have less privacy, particularly online, than ever before.

Do you think this is a good thing, something we should be concerned about, or doesn't it bother you?

Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:10 pm
n00b

Post Re: Online privacy
It doesn't bother me in the least. As if I'm the only man to ever access Sasha Knox video's, visit anti-government websites, diss the CIA, work on a book whose topic is of no special consequence or speak my mind on societal and psychological issues on chat forums.

Let 'em look. They might actually learn something.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:37 am
n00b

I'm watching you buddy. :lol:

I never did understand why people think anonymity and online surfing should go hand in hand. Your computer is the only thing you actually own, everything else on the web is owned by someone else. Including the IP you "lease". You think they're not going to keep track of what you do when you're accessing something they own? Of course they are. You would do the same.

Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:00 pm
n00b

You know, I've never actually thought of it the way that Call Home has put it. It's really simple when you think of it in that way. You don't own it so you don't really have any rights where it's concerned. From your IP to all the sites you visit.

Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:29 pm
amoeba

I think the age of any kind of 'supposed privacy' online is over.. this article about whats app being hacked says it all for me: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38609854

user beware

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:45 pm
amoeba

thank you

Computer technology is the technology which is directly related to the computers and the way of making the computer software good. The board index has the lesson of https://www.rushmypapers.me/ by the name of the debate box of the community forum.

Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:06 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]