View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

small business owners insight.

Sponsor

Sponsor

small business owners insight. 
lesser known shrew

Post small business owners insight.
So my pseudo SIL (bil girlfriend) owns a sushi franchise in a grocery store. Last night finally we video conferenced with her too finally. She got to tell us how exhausted she is and what is going on and why she's doing what she's doing. She's working 7 days week because she can't afford to pay an employee. She is lucky to sell 20 boxes of sushi at $6 a box. Typically she was selling 80-90 boxes a day. But you probably asked like I did "why can't you just close?"

Because if she closes she loses the franchise because of an agreement with the store. She doens't pay rent to the grocer. Instead she pays a % of the money made to them. So since they are open they enforce her to be open selling something. She's young (30) and healthy. But she said other franchise owners who are older are in the position of having to hire and pay someone to "work" while losing money so they don't lose the franchise. And you can imagine the cost of hiring someone and not making enough to pay them. She said further in her strip mall with grocery store, most of the restaurants are all closed. They aren't doing takeout unless like her they might lose the franchise so they have to stay open to keep it.

Of course she'll be lucky if she or another worker at the store tests positive for the virus because then they would be forced to close for 2 weeks. She said since she's friends with other restaurant owners (small ones) that most are done. They are going to let their leases run out and are going to do something else. They can't come back. I'm guessing this will kill commercial real estate.

Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 am
amoeba

Post Re: small business owners insight.
This kind nf work is too much for a single person, and I am sure she must complain about it. It is unacceptable for people to start working like that. Nowadays, we have so many online alternatives that could get us more money than keeping up a whole business. There are a lot of chances to be taken to work for different statistic companies, or even for something like https://www.memoremoney.com/salehoo-review/ where your opinion is the only thing that matters. Tell her to change her job because I am sure that she won't last forever.

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:51 pm
amoeba

You are absolutely right. There are really quite a few online services and companies that can help with these problems. Especially when it comes to health. If you want, you can read about accounting on this site. Such services help keep your financial records in order. An acquaintance of mine recommended this resource.

Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:58 pm
n00b

ChloeVance wrote:
So my pseudo SIL (bil girlfriend) owns a sushi franchise in a grocery store. Last night finally we video conferenced with her too finally. She got to tell us how exhausted she is and what is going on and why she's doing what she's doing. She's working 7 days week because she can't afford to pay an employee. She is lucky to sell 20 boxes of sushi at $6 a box. Typically she was selling 80-90 boxes a day. But you probably asked like I did "why can't you just close?"

Because if she closes she loses the franchise because of an agreement with the store. She doens't pay rent to the grocer. Instead she pays a % of the money made to them. So since they are open they enforce her to be open selling something. She's young (30) and healthy. But she said other franchise owners who are older are in the position of having to hire and pay someone to "work" while losing money so they don't lose the franchise. And you can imagine the cost of hiring someone and not making enough to pay them. She said further in her strip mall with grocery store, most of the restaurants are all closed. They aren't doing takeout unless like her they might lose the franchise so they have to stay open to keep it.

Of course she'll be lucky if she or another worker at the store tests positive for the virus because then they would be forced to close for 2 weeks. She said since she's friends with other restaurant owners (small ones) that most are done. They are going to let their leases run out and are going to do something else. They can't come back. I'm guessing this will kill commercial real estate.

estrenos doramas

Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:38 am
amoeba

If you are interested in Massage Franchise, I recommend this site https://franchisesamerica.com/franchise/massage with a detailed description. Also on the site you will find information about the franchise in other areas of business.

Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]