View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 

Stoke-On-Trent councillors need some morals !

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stoke-On-Trent councillors need some morals ! 
Private

Post Stoke-On-Trent councillors need some morals !
http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Ci ... story.html

I saw this story and to be honest it just niggled at me so much I thought it was worthy of a mention... £3,000 pounds worth of hot drinks per annum... if this were a private firm providing drinks for its employees then for me there would be no problem with this at all, but for pitys sake this is £3,000 of TAX PAYERS MONEY ! And a far as I know COUNCILLORS ALSO GET EXPENSES !! I think it's high time that these councillors took a rain-check on their morals.... If it's no big deal then perhaps they can all club together and buy themselves a kettle and some teabags...... I'm yet to ever see a hard-done-by councillor ! rant over.

Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 pm
grunt

Post Re: Stoke-On-Trent councillors need some morals !
Personally I think that ALL councillors should have every little expense listed in a EASY TO FIND place on council websites. These people need to remember that they are public SERVANTS - people should not be choosing councillor positions as a career or lifestyle choice (which many councillors seem to do). Why don't the council invest in their own coffee machine and make the councillors and guests pay for them and actually make some profit which could pay for other lame councillor expenses. It makes me very annoyed to think of councillors sitting around having their hot drinks etc paid for them - would they expect a local person in a cafe to pay for their drinks order??? I think not! It's really no different when you think of it like that !

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:45 pm
amoeba

Post Re: Stoke-On-Trent councillors need some morals !
All stories from computer technology forums are so amazing, as far as this forum is concern, it is also containing great lesson to learn. Stoke on Trent councilors need some morals and actually it is. I have to check https://ergonotes.com/how-to-use-time-management-software-in-your-classroom/ which is very important in my life. Everyone have to think about one self because nobody is going do to this on one’s behalf. Go through this article for more information.

Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:19 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]