View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Need recommendation for CB amp

Sponsor

Sponsor

Need recommendation for CB amp 
amoeba

Post Need recommendation for CB amp
I'm looking for a new amp at under $500, although I'd love to pay less if I can. It would be driving a pair of 6ohm 87dB Tannoy Profile 631 bookshelves. Would the NAD C316 BEE be a good choice? Is it worhwhile looking at a T class unit?

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:26 pm
amoeba

Post Re: Need recommendation for CB amp
I was going to suggest the NAD. KEF does spec those at 25-100 watts, though. The NAD 3045 would do it at 60 watts, but I also read a review that says it isn't as musical as the 3020.

Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:32 pm
amoeba

Joycewalliam wrote:
I was going to suggest the NAD. KEF does spec those at 25-100 watts, though. The NAD 3045 would do it at 60 watts, but I also read a review that says it isn't as musical as the 3020.

Like a small audio amplifier for speakers and such? Can I use a linear amplifier or one specifically made for a CB currently I am using Kinter MA170 is it good enough or I have to choose any others amplifiers for my speakers any suggestion?

Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:59 pm
amoeba

If you're a little more adventurous you could go with MegaWatt S-350-12. This amp has bass management in case you add a subwoofer. I have very good experience with it and still using it for 2 years one of a close friend of mine gifted me. But If you have a larger room and/or are listening from farther away, I would think the MegaWatt S-400-12good is enough.

Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:24 pm
amoeba

Joycewalliam wrote:
If you're a little more adventurous you could go with MegaWatt S-350-12. This amp is has bass management in case you add a subwoofer. I have very good experince with it and still using it for 2 years one of close friend of mine gifted me. But If you have a larger room and/or are listening from farther away, I would tink the MegaWatt S-400-12good enough, here are some of its reviews. https://www.whollyoutdoor.com/top-5-best-cb-amplifiers.

Do check them out.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:43 pm
amoeba

Joycewalliam wrote:
Joycewalliam wrote:
If you're a little more adventurous you could go with Mega Watt S-350-12. This amp has bass management in case you add a sub-woofer. I have very good experience with it and still using for almost 2 years one of close friend of mine gifted me. But If you have a larger room or are listening from some distance then the Mega Watt S-400-12 would be good enough, here are some of its review https://www.whollyoutdoor.com/top-5-best-cb-amplifiers.

Do check them out.

Appreciated. I would take this into consideration before buying.

Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]