View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

Avast or AVG?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Avast or AVG? 
lesser known shrew

Post Avast or AVG?
I have discount vouchers for both Avast and AVG. However, I am not sure which one to choose. Previously, I was using an anti-virus provided by my ISP so I have no idea how they perform.

Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:07 am
grunt

Post Re: Avast or AVG?
Currently i am using AVG and it is pretty fine for me, there are loads of support for us and we can easily find one of the best security from avg instead of avast that is not able to catch viruses on most of the occasions.

Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:17 pm
lesser known shrew

We are using AVG free right now and will either continue with them or try BitDefender, which had a good review in one of the online magazines. It's not a bad price and we need one with the sites my son goes on. You can never be too careful.

Sat May 03, 2014 6:34 pm
lesser known shrew

Both Avast and AVG are offering a solid protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and rootkids. Plus you will be secured while browsing online, chatting on Facebook, or watching videos on YouTube. Also they will protect and scan your incoming and outgoing e-mails, if you are using e-mail client like Outlook or Thunderbird. If you’re a gamer, you can relax – both antivirus solutions offers smart gaming mode and keep themselves silent.

Mon May 16, 2016 1:49 pm
Profile WWW
Private

AVG, always AVG, for years now AVG, number of viruses I've had.... zero

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:24 pm
amoeba

Before you decide on either, check out Panda. I have used Panda for years and have been very pleased. Their site is not very friendly but a simple phone call gets everything under control. I also had AVG at my job and was pleased with that as well. It just seems Panda has an extra umph! Once it detected an email containing a virus so it blocked it from my computer and returned it to sender. I laughed over that one.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:03 pm
Private

Quote:
and returned it to sender
:lol: very good

personally I also AVG (the free one), I've never paid for any antivirus/malware/internet security and I've never had a problem with the free ones. Whatever you choose my only advice would be... don't pay for it.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:16 pm
n00b

They're both great anti-viruses, but we're moving back to AVG from Avast because some of the extras with Avast, like the software updater, have caused issues. It wouldn't let me update my software directly without going through it! There was also the time when it decided to add a large banner ad to all my outgoing emails after an update.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:56 am
n00b

I have used AVG since I started using a laptop and I have never had a problem or a reason to want to switch to anything else. I think they are the best.

Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:52 am
amoeba

Computer technology has some parts that were on it this was about the programs that ever have to happen among these data on it. I used to aspire things that were on kibin reviews this needs to have some fiction on it that was good to read or write along with their data.

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]