View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 

Safely Remove Hardware

Sponsor

Sponsor

Safely Remove Hardware 
amoeba

Post Safely Remove Hardware
I have been informed numerous times by various persons not to unplug my USB stick or portable hard drive from my laptop without first selecting the "safely remove hardware and eject media" button in the pop-up menu on the task bar. Why would such an action be needed? I have unplugged various peripheral devices successfully without 'removing them safely'.

Tue May 13, 2014 11:46 pm
amoeba

Post Re: Safely Remove Hardware
Have you ever copied documents from your computer onto a USB flash drive, only to discover later the copy process was not successful? One probable reason was that the hardware (USB flash drive in this case) was not removed safely. To ensure that files/documents have been copied correctly, the window that was opened for the copy process on your computer must be closed again before unplugging the USB flash drive. The "safely remove hardware and eject media" button does exactly that.

Sat May 17, 2014 4:10 pm
grunt

In the event that you see the Safely Remove Hardware symbol Picture of the Safely Remove Hardware symbol in the warning range, at the most distant right of the taskbar, you can utilize this as a sign that your gadgets have completed all operations in advancement and are primed to be evacuated. In the event that you don't see the Safely Remove Hardware symbol, click the Show shrouded symbols catch to show all symbols in the warning zone.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:50 pm
amoeba

Gig wrote:
Why would such an action be needed? I have unplugged various peripheral devices successfully without 'removing them safely'.

You should also bear in mind that while your flash drive today is pretty reliable, you can damage your USB port is unplug manually.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:58 pm
lesser known shrew

To safely remove a certain device, click the Safely Remove Hardware icon Picture of the Safely Remove Hardware icon, and then, in the list of devices, click the device that you want to remove. Windows will display a notification telling you it's safe to remove the device.

Mon May 16, 2016 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
amoeba

Even I have used the option of safety remove hardware but still my flash drive got corrupted. How it that?

Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:40 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]